Hello, everyone! It is my pleasure to send an ANNOUNCEMENT from the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Filipinas Magazine and Producer of the upcoming TV show, Filipinas Magazine Show — Greg Macabenta. Please forward this to your family and friends in the US. For those outside the US, please look at your GMA Pinoy TV local schedules. Click here: http://www.gmapinoytv.com/
Business Development – Filipinas Magazine
P.S. Here is a slideshow I created.
Date: Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Subject: THE FILIPINAS MAGAZINE SHOW
To: undisclosed recipients
Here’s an exciting update to the email I sent out yesterday about The Filipinas Magazine Show. The facts I laid out yesterday turned out to be incomplete. Allow me to restate them with more complete information.
THE FILIPINAS MAGAZINE SHOW – will go on the air starting April 25 (Saturday) at 6:30 pm (PST) or 9:30 pm (EST) on GMA Pinoy TV, beamed direct to homes across the US by both DirecTV and Dish Network and on all the Cable Systems that carry GMA Pinoy TV, as follows:
1. Astound (San Francisco, Concord, Oregon)
2. AT & T U-verse
3. NexHorizon Broadband (San Diego, CA
4. Cablevision (io TV)
5. Comcast (California, Boston, Brookline)
6. Cox Communications (San Diego, Las Vegas, Hampton Roads, Orange County/Palos Verdes, North Virginia)
7. Oceanic Time Warner (Hawaii)
8. San Bruno Cable TV (San Bruno, CA)
9. Time Warner (L.A.)
10. Verizon Fios
11. Wave Broadband (Cerritos, Oregon)
FILIPINAS MAGAZINE SHOW is a 30-minute, weekly magazine-type program that features the personalities who are the pride of the FilAm community (just like the printed magazine), probes issues of concern to our community and spotlights Filipino cuisine, restaurants and chefs. The host is my daughter, Christina Dunham, who is also associate publisher and columnist of Filipinas.
GMA Network, the mother network of GMA Pinoy TV, is the leading TV nework in the Philippines, in terms of viewership, advertising load and profitability. It has been in the US for 4 years now and is also aired in much of Europe and Asia.
The director of our show is Maila Gumila, a veteran TV and film star (she started as a child actress) and TV director, as well as the director of the annual Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awards. She owns SilverMesh Productions, which handles the production of the show, as a joint venture with Filipinas Magazine and GMA Network.
The writers are Gemma Nemenzo, Maricar Liberato and myself, all members of the Filipinas Magazine team. Raymond Virata, Filipinas Mag art director, is also art director, while Jinx Macabenta, my youngest son, who has his own graphics company, is creative director. Ringo Macabenta, my eldest son and managing editor of our weekly newspaper, Ang Panahon, is production manager.
As you can see, it’s pretty much a family undertaking. But the team has had years of creative and broadcast production experience.
Here’s the line-up of the first episode:
1. Cover Story – Elaine Quijano, former White House correspondent of CNN and 2008 Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awardee for Communication
2. Issues – The 2nd Death March, the struggle for veterans equity
3. Spotlight – Paolo Montalban, Broadway actor and star of Cinderella
4. Expat’s Kitchen – Mercury Lounge Restaurant
The second episode will feature:
1. Cover Story – Maj. Gen. Antonio Taguba, 2008 Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awardee for Public Affairs
2. Entertainment – Pinoys in Hollywood
3. Spotlight – Irene Natividad, President Global Summit of Women, 2008 Filiipinas Magazine Lifetime Achievement Awardee
4. Expat’s Kitchen – Red Lantern Restaurant
The third episode will feature:
1. Cover Story – Loida Nicolas-Lewis, pride of the FilAm community and one of the very first Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awardees
2. Factoids – Pinoy Roots in America (going back to the Galleon Trade)
3. Spotlight – Kris and David Valderrama, Member and former Member, respectively, Maryland House of Delegates
4. Expat’s Kitchen – Patisserie Philippe
The fourth episode will feature:
1. Cover Story – Rafe Totengco of New York, maker of designer bags for the rich and famous, 2005 Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awardee for Entrepreneurship
2. Issues – Immigration and Human Rights
3. Spotlight – Gloria Caoile, pride of the FilAm community and one of the earliest Filipinas Magazine Achievement Awardees
4. Expat’s Kitchen – Intramuros Restaurant
We have lined up very fascinating and truly outstanding FilAms for the subsequent shows. We hope you will watch every one of them.
Please spread the word even to your non-Filipino friends. Thank you for your support.
Greg B. Macabenta