ANTHONY CRUZ LEGARDA
2901 Cottonwood Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066
(415) 577 â€“ 6985
â€œI am looking for an established organization that thrives in a visionary approach to creating and redefining images or ideas for its projects. My search will lead me to work with a design team that is a leader in visual artistry and creativity. I can contribute my 10-plus years of experience in photo styling, art direction, project management, and fashion design principles. A trained sense of color, proportion, or texture goes a long way in working with cutting edge imagery or expounding on a cosmopolitan theme. My distinctive competence includes credentials in multi-cultural and fusion fashion design, hand-woven and embellished natural fabrics and accessories.
I have a â€œgo getterâ€ attitude that defines my work ethics in being detail-oriented, taking the initiative in research activities for a project, understanding collaborative work relationships, and handling the triumphs and challenges of a deadline-driven work environment. I always aim to do my best. Are you the group I am destined to work with?â€
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND TRAINING
– Magna Cum Laude, Associate in Science, Fashion Design. Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, New York.
– Associate in Science, Fashion Merchandising. City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, California.
– Certificate of Achievement, Filipino American Leadership Program. Support Center for Non-Profit Management, San Francisco, California.
– Internship in Filipino Indigenous Fabrics and Folk Art. Patis Tesoro, President of Katutubong Filipino Foundation and Fashion Designer, Manila, Philippines.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
– Researched and identified concepts and themes in the production of advertising or marketing collateral showing fashion items for own design collection and art-related establishments as well as for fabric, accessories, or clothing designers. Chose photographs, models, copywriters, and illustrators who worked in the production stage of the marketing materials. Followed through with the projectâ€™s reproduction phase, using type and layout. Examples include art direction for a possible cover for â€œOneâ€ magazine; website art direction, herword.com, that focused on renowned Filipino fashion designer Patis Tesoro; art direction for numerous photo shoots undertaken by Kalaw Photography.
– In conjunction with artistic direction, involved with the administrative, operational, marketing, and production aspects of special events, stage performances, art exhibitions, photo shoots, and fashion shows. Established budgets and controlled expenses for projects. Handled staffing schedules, managed clothing production, visual art presentation, music and choreography. Directed musicians, dancers, models, and performers of several stage productions. Supervised stage crew for technical direction and backstage management. Examples include fashion theater productions: â€œArkiteknik: The New Cultural Landscapeâ€ and â€œPilipinas 1998.â€ Other events: Irish & Filipino Celebration of St. Patrickâ€™s Sesquicentennial Anniversary and Fiesta Filipina 1997 Art Exhibit.
– Accomplished in â€œau courantâ€ and â€œhaute coutureâ€ clothing trends and fashion industry forecast. Areas of design expertise cover elegant evening wear, wedding attire, avant garde designer clothing, and fusion fashion (merging elements of Asian, American, and European influences). Researched art and cultural styles to ensure accurate depiction of a period and place for a specific theme. Redesigned traditional textiles and accessories for contemporary applications by creating variations in motif, color, detailing, and correcting errors in sizing, design, and finish. Created fashion illustrations and technical specifications for each garment. Directed the clothing line production, working with pattern makers, drapers, and seamstresses and tailors. Set finished garmentâ€™s cost and price for wholesale and retail.
– Sales Associate, Macyâ€™s West – Menâ€™s Designer Clothing, San Francisco, CA. October 2002 to present.
– Artistic Director, Bayanihan Movement, Inc., San Francisco, CA. October 1998 to present.
– Fashion Designer & Project Manager, Arkiteknik, 2000 and Pilipinas 1998.
– Product Designer & Developer, Anthony Cruz Legarda/Koleksyon, Manila, Philippines. November 2001 to August 2002.
– Stage Director, Filipino American Arts Exposition, San Francisco, CA. August 2001.
– Program Project Leader, Yerba Buena Arts and Events: Irish & Filipino Celebration of St. Patrickâ€™s Churchâ€™s 150th Anniversary, San Francisco, CA. March 2001 to June 2001.
– Exhibit Curator, Fiesta Filipina 1997, San Francisco, CA. June 1997.
PORTFOLIO AND REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST